December 16, 2013

Something Different

I wanted to try something different.  Something that peels a layer of the onion back to give ya'll a little idea of who is reviewing these books I hope you all are reading.  And I promised you something warm and fuzzy - well, this has warmth and fuzzy aspects.  I've realized lately that I haven't revealed a lot about myself to you.  I wasn't entirely sure if that's even appropriate, but I'm in the middle of a couple of books right now and don't have anything to review.

I'd like to introduce you to a blog that I really love.  The owner of this blog is a lady named Leigh. I don't know Leigh, but her dream is my dream - although hers is actually happening and mine has yet to happen.  
Dreams are important.  I believe they shape who we are and what we can become.  I like to believe that dreaming is healthy, and when you have that opportunity to make your dreams come true, well, that's even better!!

Leigh has a blog called 5 Acres & A Dream.  By checking out her blog, you can get an idea of the daydreams that float through my head almost daily.  I've mentioned on her blog that my husband and I are on the precipice of buying our little chunk of land.  We both hope to start making our dream come true very soon. 

Leigh has written a book that is on my Christmas list.  It's an unusual and different book - I would use it for a reference and guide.   If getting closer to the land and back to a more natural way of life, it might be something you would want to check out also.  

In the meantime, check out 5 Acres & A Dream - The Blog.  

5 Acres & A Dream

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! You just made my day. I love the more personal touch to your blog. And of course I think your dream is super exciting. I'm cheering for it to come true so you can begin blogging your own homesteading adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a little insight. I am sure we would all love to get to know you better. You could start another blog of your progress. I would love to hear about the bees. Bee keeping is on my list : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michaele! Bees just for you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete