June 9, 2013

Dangerous Ally

Title:  Dangerous Ally
Author:  Michelle Grey
Publisher:  CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Medium:  Kindle


Amazon Synopsis:

Lacey Jordan is expecting dinner, and hopefully, an engagement announcement. Not her own, of course. After two serious screw-ups, she’s all but sworn off relationships. When she arrives at her father’s house to celebrate his future happiness though, he’s nowhere to be found. As the hours pass, the worst scenarios Lacey’s mind can conjure send her rushing into action. However, reality proves even more frightening as she discovers that her father’s recent scientific breakthrough is one that people would kill for. To make matters worse, the source of the information is the one person she’d hoped to never see again. Caleb Mansfield, her father’s former protégé and her former lover, needs Lacey’s cooperation, and the very trust he’d stolen years before. But Lacey can’t be certain if Caleb’s working with her or against her. Running out of time, she has nowhere else to turn. As the trail leading to her father narrows, Lacey becomes a target, risking her life to save him. Too late, she understands that with Caleb back in her life, she’s risking her heart as well.

Everyone loves a good mystery now and then.  Sprinkle in a hot romance with a gnarly history, and you have the makings of a fast-paced book that will keep you up way past your bedtime because you promise to read just one more chapter, but end up reading 5 more.

I loved the character development.  I loved the way the book flowed.  I loved how Lacey wanted to go one way, but her heart took her a completely different way.  I loved that (again) I was sure I had everything figured out and yet another author sucked me down a zig zag of an Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole, and I made a promise to myself that I won't be so cocky next time (we'll see about that).  I loved how Lacey put the love for her father out in front to risk even her own life in order to save him.

Romantic thrillers are always a fun read for me.  Dangerous Ally was no exception.  Ms. Grey wrote in such a way that it was easy to make an investment in the characters and actually get a pay off.  The pay off was good, but you'll have to read it and see for yourself.

Thank you Michelle Grey - I hope that you have something just as exciting on the tip of your pen very soon!  


Michelle Grey






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words! I'm looking forward to sharing the next novel with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait!!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review your book!

    ReplyDelete